In the Septuagint (Old Testament in the Greek Language), a phrase in Isaiah 9:6 is rendered as “Mighty Counselor of God,” when the Hebrew Text says, “Mighty God.” Why is that? How can we better understand this verse?
In this episode, Dr. Heiser explains what is Septuagint, how reliable it is, and answers the question: Why Septuagint says “Mighty Counselor of God” in Isaiah 9:6 when the Hebrew Text says “Mighty God”?
Some claim that Christ is NOT God based on the Septuagint rendering.
Dr. Heiser explains this issue.
Dr. Michael S. Heiser is a Scholar-in-Residence for Faithlife Corporation, the makers of Logos Bible Software. His varied academic background enables him to operate in the realm of critical scholarship and the wider Christian community.
Dr. Heiser earned his
Listen to the Interview below!
- The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible by Heiser, Michael S. Lexham Press 2015.
- Angelomorphic Christology: Antecedents and Early Evidence (Library of Early Christology), by Charles Cieschen, June 30, 2017.
- Two Powers in Heaven: Early Rabbinic Reports about Christianity and Gnosticism (Library of Early Christology), by Alan Segal, July 17, 2012.
- The Bodies of God and the World of Ancient Israel, by Sommer Benjamin, January 17, 2011.
You may learn more about his work here:
- Homepage: www.drmsh.com
- Podcasts: www.nakedbiblepodcast.com, www.peeranormal.com
- Other websites: www.thedivinecouncil.com; www.twopowersinheaven.com